Available to qualified individuals who are purchasing or refinancing in an area that is not considered a major metropolitan area by USDA.
The USDA loan provides financing for low to moderate income households the opportunity to own adequate, modest, decent, safe and sanitary dwellings in rural areas as their primary residence. These loans are eligible up to 100%. To learn more about eligible addresses for the loan guarantee, please check out the USDA website here.
We provide this loan program for many reasons. First, we believe every family should be able to afford their home, no matter where they choose to live. Secondly, it allows us to work with low to moderate income families and help them realize that the American dream is real and they too can own a home. Providing affordable homeownership opportunities promotes prosperity, which in turn creates thriving communities and improves the quality life in rural areas.
- 97% of the US is eligible! Many suburban areas of large MSAs are eligible- not just for rural areas.
- USDA’s footprint actually encompasses entire towns as well as many suburban areas which borders cities.
HERE IS THE BREAKDOWN FOR USDA LOANS:
- Must be located in a rural area
- Low to moderate household income as defined by Rural Development
- Must be owner-occupied
- 30-year fixed rate
- 620 minimum credit score
- 1% guarantee Fee rolled into the loan + .25% annual guarantee fee also applies
- Household income may not exceed 115% of the area’s median income level as determined by Rural Development.
- Reserves are not required
- Seller contributions limited to maximum 6%
- 100% of borrower’s cash to close may come from gift funds
- 100% financing
- No maximum loan amounts